This is a research project where students present the information they find through a minimum of 5 documents, and across a range of genres as diverse as essays to poems to songs to artwork to brochures. Everything about this project is flexible though, so you adjust requirements as you wish.
STUDENT CHOICE AND VOICE
Students choose the genres they write across and - preferably - the topic they write about.
Wizard of Oz - click here to enlarge
RESOURCES (sometimes large files)
- An Introduction to MGRPs from Colorado State University
- Examples of MGRPs from Composition, Literature, AP and Independent Study
- Examples of Literature, Research and Field Experience MGRPs
- Example of a brief for Grade 12 / Year 13 students, including linked examples
- Example of a brief for upper MS/HS including rubric
- Example of student-facing presentation of the MGRP
- Article from a teacher of Grade 5 / Year 6 on her experience of the MGRP
- A TeachersPayTeachers freebie list of possible genres
- Tom Romano on the MGRP
- Example MGRPs from a Grade 8 / Year 9 classroom